Print & Supplied Files faq
WHAT File TYPEs do you ACCEPT?
We prefer PDF files, other formats can be sent through -- however they may not process correctly between different computers and operating softwares.
We also accept artwork from InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop - packaged files are the best if you are sending these through so that we have all your fonts and image links.
Microsoft Word & Publisher are not always compatible with the software that is used to run the different presses.
Word is a great word processing document, but it is not a design program. Sometimes the files need to be pulled apart and reformatted with the software compatible with our machines and so an artwork charge may apply. Word and publisher often produce low resolution images with can print out fuzzy. Also these programs do not allow for bleeds and trims so if you need artwork created for print products, its always recommended to talk to our design team as they will quickly and easily put together something in the correct specifications for you. Otherwise, if you can save your word/publisher files as PDF before you send them to us this will help to ensure that the file will print how you wish it to be.
For signage products it is always awesome if you outline your fonts, or send us the font with your artwork.
how do I make a file print ready?
- PDF to size.
- 3mm of bleed on each edge.
- Crop marks can be supplied if exporting your file direct from a design program, however these are not a requirement.
- Supply as individual pages (not spreads) in numerical order - please do not try and lay up yourself.
- Fonts embedded or converted to paths/outlines
- NOTE: Please see Printing Lingo section of FAQ's for descriptions of printing terms
what paper do i choose?
We have a range of standard stocks here at Brandland that are always immediately available, these are:
- Matt/Uncoated: 80gsm, 120gsm, 150gsm, 200gsm, 250gsm, 300gsm
- Gloss/Coated: 150gsm, 200gsm, 250gsm, 300gsm
- Satin/Coated: 113gsm, 150gsm, 200gsm, 250gsm, 300gsm
- Eco 100% recycled stock: 115gsm, 300gsm
We also have limited range of 350gsm stocks available in house.
What weight (gsm) is commonly used?
Brochures / Posters - 150gsm gloss or matt
- Flyers / Handouts - 113gsm - 200gsm gloss
- Business Cards / Rack Cards / Wedding Suites - 300gsm - higher uncoated.
As a reference, normal office paper is 80gsm in weight.
If you would like something special or different, just pop into the store to check out our huge range of paper swatch samples. Most stocks arrive within 24 hours, however sometimes the paper is sourced from Auckland and that can take 2-3 days to arrive.
Standard PAPER SIZES
Standard Business Card - 90 x 55mm
DLE / Rackcard - 210 x 99mm
A5 - 210 x 148mm
A6 - 148 x 105mm
A7 - 105 x 74mm
A0 - 1189 x 841mm
A1 - 841 x 594mm
A2 - 594 x 420mm
A3 - 420 x 297mm
A4 - 297 x 210mm
I HEARD YOU WORK ALONG SIDE OTHER BUSINESSES,
WHO ARE THEY?
Brandland works very closely with some other epic businesses around Queenstown to be able to provide you with access to the Wakatipu's largest marketing company.
- Sign It Signs provides all of our signage work
- Impact Print & Stitch produces all of our branded uniforms
- Fluid works with us on our large scale websites & assists with big - medium branding story-telling.
- Three Bags Full are our merino kids clothing line, which is stocked in store at Brandland and produced by Impact
Clients are responsible for ensuring they are not breaking any copyright laws when sending jobs through to Brandland for production.
Any images, text, photographs etc must have the permission of the owner to use for your project.
DO YOU OFFER PAYMENT PLANS ON BIG PROJECTS?
YES! We understand the pressure on businesses to ensure they have strong brand presence however the cost to do it properly can add up so if you have a big project with us, a full company rebrand with all the bells and whistles, or you've splashed out and fully wrapped your van, we can help you pay for your products while also trying to run your business.
Talk to our management team today about how we can help.
DO YOU PROVIDE DELIVERY?
We are able to deliver free of charge to Queenstown, Frankton & Arrowtown, however this is not a daily service and is dependent on the number of other deliveries on the day.
We can courier any product to you, either same day or overnight, just chat to our team about your options.